This document is meant to serve as a general guide for the use of the Emily logo and its colors to help ensure a consistent visual feel and the recognition of our brand. If you have a specific question that isn’t covered in the guide, please contact [email protected] to verify that you are representing our brand in an acceptable form.
When the logo appears on a white background, use our primary logo with dark text and tagline.
When the logo appears on a dark background (darker than #2f2f2f, no color), use our primary logo with bright text and tagline.
The form of our words convey almost as much as the meaning of the words themselves. Emily’s branding identity is very modern and as such we have chosen sleek, sans serif fonts to convey that sense of modernity and clean design our brand seeks to aim for. We will frequently use one of the other four fonts listed below.
- Open Sans Pro
- Open Sans
Our Brand in Writing
You may find yourself needing to mention Emily in writing. Please refer to the graph below to make sure you are using our name appropriately.
THE RIGHT WAYS
- Emily, Inc.
- Emily Inc.
- Emily Labs
- emily labs
THE WRONG WAYS
When using the Emily logo, please consider how much space you are allowing between our logo and other design elements. A good rule of thumb is at least 40% whitespace between our logo and adjacent design elements. When using just the elements, please allow at least 40% vertical whitespace and 70% horizontal whitespace around the logo.
Unacceptable Logo Uses & Important Notes
Below are a few examples of unacceptable logo uses followed by a description of why they are unacceptable.
- Do not place the logo onto background colors that are not mentioned in the colors guidelines above.
- Make sure you’re using the correct version of the logo for light and dark backgrounds to ensure maximum contrast.
- Do not use additional layer styles on the logo, such as drop shadows, bevels or glows.
- Do not place the logo onto image backgrounds.
- Do not distort the logo either vertically or horizontally. When resizing, hold the shift key to maintain aspect ratio.
- Do not add any transparency to the logo. It should always appear in full opacity.
- Do not use the Emily logo without any elements. The logo must be displayed in full.
- Do not place the logo in a way that doesn’t allow it to stand out. The logo should never merge with anything.